Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Brown Envelope" Gifts for the WRHA

My position on this one may shock you. I'm in complete favour of the WRHA receiving these gifts with the tenders for equipment and such. Should they tell us what these gifts are and what they are used for? Absolutely. Should they stop receiving them? Absolutely not.

Over the last 10 years the WRHA has received about $20 million in "brown envelope" add-ons to tenders. That's $20 million dollars worth of equipment, and yes cash, that me and you did not have to pay for. Let me repeat that. That's $20 million that the tax payers didn't have to fork over. Our health care system is in serious trouble. Just imagine though, being short a couple more million a year. Things are bad now but just wait until we make the WRHA stop receiving these incentives.

Keep getting free stuff WRHA! It saves me from paying for it! (Just let us know what you're getting.)

1 comment: