Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Conservative" Budget

I don't agree with running our country into more debt, as I'll be one of the many in the future who will have to pay for it, but you can't completely blame the Conservatives. Well, I guess you can. This isn't a budget, it's a bold slap in the face to all the western voters who didn't want the liberals in government. I'm sorry, but the only thing this budget is going to do is keep Harper from being ousted this month. Iggy can't vote against this. There's no way the Liberals can go into an unwanted election with Harper able to say that the liberals voted against this, and that, and this other thing. The budget is so wide spread it's a got morsels for everyone.

I like tax cuts. I'm a winnipegger, I like anything that puts money in my pocket. Could have given us a little more, but something is better than nothing. I don't quite get the reasoning behind the renovation incentive. How many people are going to spend a bunch of money on a house who's value is going down? We're in a recession here, who's really going to have the money to do any renovations anyway? Honestly, much else won't affect me. I'm not going to build a new hockey rink in New Brunswick, I'm not an Ontario auto worker who needs to be retrained because I've been tightening the same 4 bolts on a Ford engine at $40/hr for the last 20 years. I'm just an average Winnipeg guy making a decent living, trying to get ahead.

And hey, maybe next time we should vote Liberal, I mean, we have a Liberal government anyway. Time to grow some nuts Harper. The west is tired of carrying the east.

No comments:

Post a Comment